Volunteer with Us
Tauranga RDA volunteers are a very important part of our team and we would not be able to operate without them. Volunteering with RDA is fun, rewarding and confidence building. No previous experience working with horses or people with disabilities is necessary, as full training is given.
Benefits of Volunteering at Tauranga RDA
We give you a genuine volunteer experience, your time with Tauranga RDA will be a rewarding experience. You will be involved in an organisation that is passionate about offering equine therapy to better the lives of people in need within our community.
- Flexible volunteer hours to suit your lifestyle
- Work as part of an enthusiastic and fun team
- Provide a wonderful experience for people in need
- Meet and make new friends
- Learn new skills
- Get fit
- School holidays free
- Training provided
Read our Youth Volunteer testimonials.
What we look for in a Volunteer
- Genuine care for people and animals
- Works well in a team
Ways to Volunteer
You don't have to be 'horsey' to volunteer, there is a volunteer role for everyone.
- Assisting with our equestrian therapy programmes
- Assisting with our life skills and sport and recreation programmes
- Farm work
- Stable work
- Fundraising Events
- International Volunteers
View our riding timetable.
Like to Volunteer with Tauranga Riding for the Disabled
If you would like to volunteer with us or find out more information please contact us on 07 544 1899 or email us. We will arrange an induction, training sessions and times that volunteer days to suit your schedule.